Thursday, April 2, 2015

Last Class of the Semester and Nearing the End

Yesterday was the last composition class for the semester and my last presentation in the course. I presented most of the last movement of my piano trio and received great feedback. I was pleased that the dark, gloomy and dreadful atmosphere I was going for came across to the class. Dr. Ross suggested that I lengthen out the rhythmic values in the "timeless section," a suggestion I really like. I went back and incorporated this idea and it really works well and it makes the whole section much more effective and evocative. I am now in the final stages of finishing the piece and will be going back to the other movements to do some score editing and final touches in the next couple of days. Looking forward to finishing this work!

No comments:

Post a Comment